I am a concerned US citizen regarding our current leadership. I’ve worked in nonprofit management/fundraising for 20+ years and understand research. Tonight I saw an Ad for America First Policies and was curious as to its intent and purpose. Through some basic research I found the following:
- https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-01-30/trump-advisers-start-america-first-policies-nonprofit (please note second to last paragraph re: purpose)
- See FEC website (this is the most recent…there are two) – most recent – http://docquery.fec.gov/…/2017061590…/201706159056532300.pdf
(again, note: the purpose stated above)
These are public records (unsure if our president understands that we lay-people can access these). The media has been accused of “fake news” (trust me, I am NOT on that side)…this is evidence of more of our President’s “untruths”.
My questions are:
- Why is a “nonprofit” needed to support and promote the President’s agenda? Particularly, when our current President “has benefited from GREAT success as a businessman”
- Why is the only action recorded as an expense to pay for advertising to oppose John Ossoff in the recently completed special election for GA 6th Congressional Seat?
- How does a 501(c)3 get formed this quickly (note: I’ve done my fair share of 1023 applications and it doesn’t happen that fast!)?
- Is the entity approved as a 501(c)3? I don’t see it registered with the IRS.
- Who is the contact person for this entity and how do you contact them (no email, no phone, nothing listed)
- Non-profits have several IRS designations. E.g. 501(c)3 allows donors to write off donations, (c)4, (c)5…NO. I, as a US citizen, have the right to request financials (which should include donors), board members, articles of incorporation, etc. OR…is this not required of PACs?